Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Smashbook Cover

I promised myself at the beginning of this year to journal everyday this year. As I started I found out about smashbooking. Basically, you stick and tape anything mementous inside your smashbook. 

Here is my second smashbook of this year. It gets bulkier as you go along. 
My smashbook was originally a blank composition book. 


To make the pages thicker, I washi taped two pages together. Not only does it make the pages thicker but adds a variety of color. 

Here is the cover: 
I added some quotes and random designs on card stock paper to make the cover more durable. 



To make the quotes I took regular Crayola washable markers and drew random stripes. 



Then taking a Sakura white gel pen I wrote in my quote. I highly recommend Sakura gel pens due to the ink's thickness. 



Then I tipped the quote around the edges and took a marker to give the fluffy edges color. 


I picked the place on my cover and got my Mod Podge and painted it on to the journal. 



Mod Podge is one of my must have smashbooking tools. Not only is it good for firming up the cover, but it's an easy stick on to pages. It also provides a glossy and preserving look. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment